Eco friendly nappies header

Eco-Friendly Nappies & Training Pants

Your baby is going to go through thousands of nappies before they’re fully potty and toilet trained. If you’re going to use disposable diapers, you might consider a green, biodegradable option to minimise the impact of this huge use of throw-away resources. Our options here include biodegradable, renewably-sourced, GM-free, parabens-free and fragrance-free nappies and nappy pants.

There are other benefits to using a more natural nappy, including less nappy rash, fewer sensitivities and possibly even a lower chance of your child developing asthma as they’re going to be exposed to fewer chemicals.

Bambo Nature

Why I ♥ Bambo Nature

  • Loved by parents, these have recently won 5 awards: Gentle Parenting Gold Winner 2017, ethicalconsumer.org Best Buy, Loved by Parents Platinum Winner 2017, Mumii Gold & Consumer Choice Winner 2017, Baby Gear Lab Editor’s Choice Award
  • 95% of all waste coming from the production of Bambo Nature is recycled. The other 5% is used as fuel by being burnt in local communities in Denmark.

About Bambo Nature’s Nappies

  • Award-winning natural nappies made of renewable materials
  • Very soft, with a textile-like top sheet
  • Biodegradable fluff with a very small amount of super absorbent polymers to maximise biodegradability. Super absorbent and a top-dry system that ensures a fast absorption and dry surface
  • Textile-like back sheet ensures that the babyÕs skin can breathe
  • Flexible side panels with stretch for easy fit. Thin to allow for freedom of movement.
  • No dangerous chemicals or allergens are used, to prevent cases of irritant contact dermatitis (a type of nappy rash). Soft materials avoid chafing resulting in nappy rash.
  • No moisturising lotion, colourants, parabens, perfumes or optical brighteners
  • Loved by parents, these have recently won 5 awards: Gentle Parenting Gold Winner 2017, ethicalconsumer.org Best Buy, Loved by Parents Platinum Winner 2017, Mumii Gold & Consumer Choice Winner 2017, Baby Gear Lab Editor’s Choice Award

Naty by Nature Babycare

Why I ♥ Naty

  • All their products are free from allergens chlorine, latex, TBT, fragrance, dioxins, phthalates, VOCs & dyes
  • Mum’s love them for reducing or eliminating nappy rash
  • Which? rates them as great value for money
  • The most comfortable and well-fitting of the eco nappy brands

About Naty Nappies

  • Highly absorbent, natural nappies eco-conscious families and sensitive babies
  • Cornstarch film breathes, unlike plastic, which results in an airier, drier and more comfortable diaper
  • Non-plastic liner for full biodegradability to minimise environmental impact
  • Free from allergens chlorine, latex, TBT, fragrance, dioxins, phthalates, VOCs & dyes for maximum acceptance and possible reduction in sensitivities like asthma
  • Rigorously certified by the FSC, AB Vincotte (for renewability) and the Swedish Asthma Association
  • Highly rated for comfort and value for money by independent consumer group Which?
  • 16 stars. With ‘great absorption and leak prevention’ (Baby Gear Lab)

Beaming Baby

Why I ♥ Beaming Baby

  • The most biodegradable nappies, with over 75% biodegradable materials, compared with 35-49% in other eco brands and 20% in standard nappies.
  • UK-based company
  • They’re building a wind farm to achieve carbon neutral production

About Beaming Baby’s Nappies

  • More natural materials, fewer chemicals for a healthier baby and planet
  • Natural cotton and cornstarch fibre woven material layer next to skin for breathability
  • Core of soft shredded paper ‘fluff’ interspersed with absorbent gel beads, with some standard absorbent gel replaced with with absorbent non-GM cornstarch
  • Soft weave cotton and cornstarch outer layer designed to allow air through one way, but keep the moisture inside
  • Stretch back and sides for comfort, elasticated legs for leak resistance
  • Breathability and baby-friendly natural ingredients prevent nappy rash
  • Hypoallergenic
  • Vegan

Nappy Size Guides

Bambo Nature Nappies & Nappy Pants Size Chart

Size 0Size 1Size 2Size 3Size 4Size 4+Size 5Size 6Training Pants 12-20Training Pants 18+
PrematureNewbornMiniMidiMaxiMaxi PlusJuniorXL
1-3kg (2-6lb)2-4kg (4-9lb)3-6kg (7-13lb)5-9kg (11-20lb)7-18kg (15-40lb)12-22kg (26-49lb)16-30kg (35-66lb)12-20kg (26-45lb)18+kg (39+lb)

Eco Naty by Nature Baby Nappies & Nappy Pants Size Chart

Size 1Size 2Size 3Size 4Size 4+Size 5Size 6Size 4 Nappy PantsSize 5 Nappy PantsSize 6 Nappy Pants
NewbornMiniMidiMaxiMaxi PlusJuniorXLMaxi Nappy PantsJunior Nappy PantsXL Nappy Pants
2-5kg (4-11lb)3-6kg (6-13lb)4-9kg (9-20lb)7-18kg (15-40lb)9-20kg (20-44lb)11-25kg (24-55lb)16+kg (35+lb)8-15kg (18-33lb)12-18kg (26-40lb)16+kg (35+lb)

Beaming Baby Nappies & Nappy Pants Size Chart

Size 1Size 2Size 3Size 4Size 5Size 6Size 8Size 9
MiniMidiMaxiMaxi PlusJuniorXLL Training PantsXL Training Pants
2-6kg (4-13lb)5-8kg (11-18lb)7-11kg (16-25lb)9-15kg (23-34lbs)15+kg (33+lb)16+kg (35+lb)15-18kg (33-44lb)17+kg (37+lb)

Eco Nappy Brand Comparison

Bambo NatureNaty by Nature BabycareBeaming Baby Biodegradable Nappies
Renewable or biodegradableRaw materials are certified renewableBased on natural and renewable materialMost degrade within 4 years. Compared with the 400 years a standard nappy will take
Breathable layer against skinVery soft, with a textile-like top sheetYes, naturally breathable materialsNatural Cotton and Cornstarch Fibre woven material layer next to skin for breathability
Absorbent coreBiodegradable fluff with a very small amount of super absorbent polymers to maximise biodegradability. Super absorbent and a top-dry system that ensures a fast absorption and dry surfaceMade from soft shredded paper ‘fluff’ interspersed with absorbent gel beads made from a mixture of standard nappy absorbent granules and bio-friendly cornstarch
Outer layerTextile-like back sheet ensures that the baby’s skin can breatheSoft Weave Cotton and Cornstarch material designed to allow air through one way, but keep the moisture inside
ComfortFlexible sidepanels with stretch for easy fit. Thin to allow for freedom of movement.Highly rated for comfort and value for money by independent consumer research group Which?Stretch back and sides for comfort, elasticated legs for leak resistance
Nappy rash preventionNo dangerous chemicals or allergens are used, to prevent cases of irritant contact dermatitis (a type of nappy rash). Soft materials avoid chafing resulting in nappy rash.Designed without chemicals and for breathability to minimise nappy rash. Mum’s say they work.Said to eliminate nappy rash in babies that had trouble with standard nappies.
Allergy preventionNo allergensDesigned to minimise the risks of allergy. No allergens.Hypoallergenic – 100% zero sensitivity results across all skin types in dermatological tests.
GMGM free absorbent coreCorn-based film and gel is GM freeGM free
Free fromNo moisturising lotion, colourants, parabens, perfumes or optical brightenersFree from chlorine, latex, TBT, fragrance, dioxins, phthalates, VOCs & dyesFree from animal products. 54% less chemicals than standard nappies.
CertificationsNordic Swan Eco-Label, Asthma and Allergy Denmark, British Retailer Consortium (safe manufacturing)Swedish Asthma and Allergy Association, OK Biobased Certification, AB Vincotte (renewability), FSC (forest sustainability)Vegan Society Approved
AwardsGentle Parenting Gold Winner 2017, ethicalconsumer.org Best Buy, Loved by Parents Platinum Winner 2017, Mumii Gold & Consumer Choice Winner 2017, Baby Gear Lab Editor’s Choice Awardethicalconsumer.org Sustainable 2010, 5* rating by Baby Gear LabAssociated skincare and wipes ranges have won awards.
OriginScandinavian design, made in DenmarkSwedenDevon, UK
Manufacturing95% of all waste coming from the production of Bambo Nature is recycled. The other 5% is used as fuel by being burnt in local communities.

Building a wind farm to achieve carbon neutral production

Read next

FacebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinmailFacebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Leave a comment